Online Awards Applications
The Financial Aid and Awards office administers a comprehensive program of scholarships, awards and bursaries for undergraduate and graduate students.
The following online applications are available by selecting from the drop down menu:
Bursary Program - Financial assistance based on financial need.
General Awards Program - Annual competition for donor funded scholarships.
Jason Lang Scholarship - An Alberta Scholarship Programs scholarship.
Various other award competitions are available throughout the year. For a complete listing of all scholarships, awards and bursaries, visit the Financial Aid and Awards website.
Concordia Bursary Program (Open)Students experiencing financial difficulties while attending Concordia may apply for bursary assistance. A Concordia bursary is non-repayable financial assistance awarded to domestic and international students on the basis of financial need. Students are expected to make plans for funding their education through primary sources such as personal and family savings, scholarships and awards, and employment earnings. A bursary is meant to supplement, not replace, other financial assistance. The program is funded by both Concordia University of Edmonton and private donors.
Am I eligible?
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program (no Open Studies, visiting students, certificate, or diploma programs) as a Canadian, Permanent Resident or International student
- Enrolled full-time (minimum 60% of a full-course load)
- Satisfactory academic standing (on most recent coursework)
- Must not have previously declared bankruptcy or defaulted on a student loan including the Concordia Emergency Loan
- Demonstrate financial need on a modest standard of living
- International undergraduate students in their first year of post-secondary study at Concordia are not eligible to apply to the Concordia Bursary program. International graduate students are not eligible to apply in their first semester of study.
Application ProcessWinter Term (Open) - Submit an online application form by the February 1st deadline.
Fall Term (Closed) - Submit an online application form by the October 15th deadline.
Concordia General Awards Program (Closed)
This competitive undergraduate awards program consists of donor-funded scholarships and awards. General award qualifications may include but are not limited to academic achievement, community service, leadership qualities, personal qualities, professional promise and financial need. Applicants are required to submit a 250-500 word essay and two letters of reference with their application. Students may apply for these awards each year. The application opens mid-November and the deadline to apply is January 15th. Recipients are notified in early March and receive cash awards.
Submit an online application form by the January 15th deadline. Submit Letters of Reference to the Enrolment Services office within 5 business days (January 22nd). The online application requires the following information to be submitted which you can prepare for in advance of the deadline:
- Financial information (Tuition, fees, books and resources)
- A listing of your extracurricular activities
- A brief essay on your extracurricular accomplishments (under 500 words)
- Two letters of reference (submitted separately)
Jason Lang Scholarship Application (Closed)
The Jason Lang Scholarship Application is now closed. The Jason Lang Scholarship, valued at $1,000 is an undergraduate scholarship for Alberta students with outstanding academic achievement attending full-time post-secondary studies in Alberta. These scholarships are funded by the government of Alberta through Alberta Advanced Education, and are administered by Concordia University of Edmonton in conjunction with Alberta Student Aid.